Thursday, March 18, 2010

The long wait


I'm still on the theme of living for today - Once a family receives their LID, or log in date there's absolutely nothing to do regarding bringing your child home but wait. It doesn't do any good to fill out any more forms yet, although I may print out out a couple we'll need once we're notified of our LOA (letter of acceptance) but on average it's taking 77 days from LID to LOA and we are at day 7. That's 11 weeks from LID to LOA so we've waited 1 week and have another 10 to go. And that's if things go according to average. I don't even let me mind go to the place where some people seem to languish in the twilight zone of dossier review even longer. So, I keep telling myself, be joyful, be joyful, be joyful.

I am joyful that our oldest daughter and her husband are expecting their first child! Tom and I are going to be grandparents! I am totally full of joy about that! They are going to be rockin' good parents. I am joyful that our 17 yr. old just got back from Guatemala this morning around 1:45 a.m. and her first words spoken to me as she walked across the parking lot when I picked her up was "I'm going back". She left part of her heart in Guatemala and I know that she will go back and work some more for the children she met there. I am joyful that she has just landed a good part time job at a time when they are so hard to find and grateful for a friend who spoke in her behalf to give her the edge to be noticed in a large pool of applicants. I am joyful for our 6 yr. old who says something outrageous every day, her wit and insight just crack me up and keep me on my toes. And I am oh so joyful for a husband who is my best friend, he is so selfless, and solid, he keeps me grounded when I become scattered, he works so hard for his family.

This wait will be long, but we will have a beautiful spring, and a fun summer. A friend today graciously offered to take us swimming with them and I am so looking forward to the opportunity for fun in the sun with the kids. So I will look forward to sharing all this joy with Jennifer one day.

1 comment:

  1. Projects, Projects Projects!!!! I have set many small projects for myself to mantain my sanity while we wait!
    Here are a few:
    `finish Ava's scrapbook/lifebook
    `begin Peyton's scrapbook /lifebook(get Taylor involved in this!)
    `fill out all paperwork for the next step
    `continue fundraising for Samuel(another child in China)
    `get house ready ! Any projects that I have put off better be done now before I have two -2 year olds!!!!
    `Get some great books about attachment and grief in adoption
    `SHOP!!!!!!This can be done on any budget! (trust me!)
    This wait is so difficult. But is a true test in patience. Which is not my strong suit!
    I wish we lived closer ! I would be at your door with a cup of tea and a gentle nudge through these next few weeks! So, you are just going to have to settle for no tea and a long distance nudge!
    We are at day 22 since our LID but who is counting ;)!!! In the world of adoption we are really not too far apart in days.
    Chin up girl!
    We will make it,
    Nicole
    ~Love that picture of Jennifer!!!!

    ReplyDelete