Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Life on the rollercoaster

Last week was an exciting week, the paperwork pushers seemed to be moving at a good pace, and LOA's were coming in fast and furious. Based on the number received by so many, I calculated that we could get our LOA by the end of April, and that would let us travel in late July. This week, they are trickling in very, very slowly and there is another Chinese holiday next week that will cause them to have Monday off so the rollercoaster just bottomed out again. And I am back to hoping for August travel. This is why I should stay off the rumor boards (but I just CAN'T stop myself from peeking to see where we might fall in the 'big wait'). The uncertainty is the hard part. It would be so much easier to cope if we had a definite waiting time and knew when we might be allowed to travel, then we could fit all the other puzzle pieces of life around this time, but its just not that way, and I guess, really life in general isn't that way, so we'll just keep doing what we do, til we know something different.

1 comment:

  1. A holiday on Monday!!!!! UGHHHH!
    I did not know that!
    Poo!
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete