Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Another small step

The paperwork progresses. Tonight I called the NVC (National Visa Center) and found out that our I800 was cabled to Guangzhou, to the American Consulate. I don't understand all these steps, it is very confusing and I'm not sure what some of it really has to do with adopting a child, other than it has to be accomplished so I'm glad its being done.

On a lighter note, our agency will request one update for an adoptive family while we wait and I asked for our official update on Friday. This means our agency will contact the SWI where Jennifer lives and they will ask questions such as her height and weight, what her favorite color is, her favorite foods, does she have any special friends (I'm hoping we can get some names and then I can try to find their families so Jennifer can keep in contact with children she I'm sure she considers as family when she comes home). And if we're really lucky, maybe we'll get some new pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment