Monday, April 19, 2010

LOA!! LOA!!


After only 39 days, we have our LOA, our Letter of Acceptance! I have been praying that we would be able to travel in July, and it looks like we just might be able to do that! It took us 5 weeks to be logged in when most families are logged in within a week or two, so just this week I was imagining someone looking at our file and saying, well, lets get this LOA moving to make up for lost time!

I was running errands, had just come out of the accountant's office when Tom called me and asked me where I was. Well duh, running the errands you sent me on. He says, well Living Hope is trying to reach you. My heart started pounding, NO WAY, I said, don't mess with me. He said, call them, they want to discuss your LOA! So I called and our rep. confirmed that we indeed have this important step out of our way. I ran into UPS and told Texas, the friendly counter guy that I see at least once a week our news, I know he thinks I'm crazy. Little does he know he's the first person I got to share this big news with!

We are now in the last stretches - we must now submit several more forms to apply for TA, travel approval. This time of waiting can take as long as 2 1/2-3 months but I'm hoping we're on a roll and can get our TA by the first of June so we can book our flights, get our CA or consulate appointment in China and go get our girl.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the exciting news!!

    Amy, waiting for our daughter in Hunan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wahoo!!!!!!
    I am so excited for you guy's! I bet you were shocked ! I love good suprises like that :)
    I am hoping for a good surprise soon!!!!
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way I love that picture of her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd like to say congrats, but it's so dang hard getting past all that cuteness in the photo! SO SO SO very cute!

    ReplyDelete